SSDSA Administrator Position
South Shore District Soccer Association Position Title: Administrator Effective Date: March 2019 Revision Date: The Administrator works under the direction of the South Shore District Soccer Association Board of Directors and reports to the Executive Committee (President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer). This is contract position with a work load that will vary based on the season ...
|Effective Date:||March 2019|
The Administrator works under the direction of the South Shore District Soccer Association Board of Directors and reports to the Executive Committee (President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer).
This is contract position with a work load that will vary based on the season and time of the season. The Administrator will work during the summer soccer season from April to September and the winter season from October to March.
- Ensure the Association, member clubs, teams, and players adhere to the Policies and Procedures of Soccer Nova Scotia and District Rules and Regulations. Report concerns and violations to the Board Executive.
- Liaison with Soccer Nova Scotia and other Districts and Leagues as required.
- Receive Association inquires and concerns and direct them as required.
- Carry out assignments as directed by the Executive and Board of Directors.
- Act as a resource to the clubs and assist them as required with understanding and following bylaws and policies.
- Scheduling of league games, exhibition games and playoffs. This will include coordinating the scheduling of games being played in the South Shore District for teams involved in other leagues. The game schedule for the summer league is to be distributed by the middle of May. Tier 1 games are scheduled by NSSL.
- Communicate with Club Presidents, Referee Assignor, Coaches, Teams and Players when a weather cancellation or reschedule occurs as per the Rules and Regulations.
- Work with the Technical Director to assess field time required for winter program. Field time is arranged with the South Shore Field House Society.
- Work with Chair of the Discipline and Appeals Committee with the reporting of player violations and other infractions as per the District and SNS policies and procedures.
- Work with the District’s Referee Assignor with scheduling and rescheduling of games.
- Review SSDSA league game sheets and record details of player misconduct, keeping points system as per Rules and Regulations and inform team contacts of suspensions-tracking completion of suspensions. Review complaints and concerns indicated on the game sheet and forward them as required.
- Ensure game sheets are distributed and league(s).
- Maintain and update the Association’s website, including the posting of news, programs and events.
- Record the number of players/teams registered per club and divisions. Prepare and distribute Club invoices based on this information and the set fee schedule. Club team numbers are also recorded to tally the number of Club Votes at the District AGM.
- Ensure league performance bonds are received and game forfeits are tracked as per Rules and Regulations.
- Establish registration process for District winter (indoor)/summer programs and prepare the League Management System (Demosphere) forms for each program. Set dates for in person registration and organize resources required for registration.
- Work with Technical Director to establish registration dates, deadlines, and restrictions (limitations) for District Programs.
- Work with the Treasurer to ensure registration fees are correct and collected.
- Work with the Treasurer in the preparing of club/team/player invoices and collection of fees.
- Work with the Treasurer and review invoices; such as field time for indoor programming to ensure it is correct and corresponds to what was used.
- Work with the Board and Technical Committee/Technical Director to advertise of District Programs in the Municipal recreation guide, local media and schools, etc.
- Check District mail box and forward mail accordingly.
- Prepare any pertinent surveys and reports for District programs as required.
- Prepare report to present at Board and Annual General Meetings of the Association.
- Represent the District as the SNS Competitions Representative and attend Competitions Committee Meeting at SNS approx. 5 times a year
- Act as SNS Representative to provincials that are held in our district, this is typically in late August early September two full days Saturday/Sunday. Chair a pre-competitions meeting first day and presenting awards second day and being present during the weekend.
- Other duties as established by Executive and Board of Directors.
- Computer knowledge, including word, excel, email
- Working knowledge or ability to be trained to update websites.
- Knowledge of District Rules and Regulations and Bylaws.
- Knowledge of Soccer Nova Scotia Policies and Procedures.
- Knowledge registration software Demosphere
- Knowledge of League Scheduling Software an asset.
Requirements for position include:
- Confidentiality and ability to perform in a professional manner.
- Work from home and other locations when required.
- Access to reliable high speed internet.
- Must have own computer and printer.
- Must have own cell phone
- Adhere to Bylaws, Rules and Regulations of the South Shore District Soccer Association.
- Must avoid conflict of interest.
Remuneration: Is based on the requirements for scheduling games (based on teams playing in NSSL and Valley League). Summer is $2000 and Winter is $1000 *plus approved expenses.